Blogger talk up the real Working Families For Wal-Mart website.
Jaffe Juice: Working Families for Wal-Mart – The Saga Continues
- So amidst all the Edelman-Walmarting across America kerfuffle, which involved a blog alledgedly written by Jim & Laura, but instead was fronted by an organization called “Working Families for Wal-Mart”, which is in fact run by the fine folks at Edelman…it turns out that the URL, www.workingfamiliesforwalmart.com had not been registered.
It has now……..D’oh.
Jobsanger: Wal-Mart Creates Fake Blog
- Wal-Mart has received lots of criticism in the last few years. Its critics point out that the company pays poverty wages, covers only about half of its employees with health insurance, and tends to destroy small businesses and towns. Wal-Mart seems to be the prime example of a corporation completely devoid of social responsibility….Now we learn from Wal-Mart Watch that the site and its blogs are fake. Working Families for Wal-Mart is totally the creation of Wal-Mart’s public relations firm, Edelman Worldwide, as are the blogs that it spawned. I guess Wal-Mart decided that if they couldn’t find anyone to say nice things about the company, they would just pay someone to do it.
Web Strategy: Walmart Brand Hijack Blog
- This is an example of a complete brand hijack detractor blog that is aimed at the Walmart Brand. Walmart has been under quite a bit of fire lately for ethical reasons being a giant corporation, the failed myspace clone, and the whole fake blog Edelman scandle.
renaissance chambara: Web Gaffes volume one
- Thanks to Jeremiah for showing how Wal-Mart’s critics poured even more salt on the wound of the recent Edelman astroturfing blog scandal. I am sure Wal-Mart will go to court and win the domain back, thus giving Walmart Watch even more publicity. Click here while you can.
The Writing on the Wal: workingfamiliesforwalmart.com
- What do you call a spoof of a fake blog? A spflog?
Inside the Marketers Studio: Wal-Marred Domain Strategy
- Rule #1 of online marketing: if you’re starting an organization, register the domain name.Working Families for Wal-Mart, the “independent” organization created by Wal-Mart’s PR firm, Edelman, forgot to register the .com domain.
Blog Business Summit: Blog Business Summit Archives
- Edelman covered a lot of their bases, but it looks like they forgot a crucial step: reserving the domain most closely associated with their organization. Now the anti Wal-Mart group Wal-Mart Watch has regitered the domain workingfamiliesforwalmart.com and has set up a spoof website there.
There’s a stereotype in the blogosphere that whenever people sit around getting great ideas, the first person to register the domain wins. The same is true here. Anytime you’re doing anything on the Web, it’s a good idea to register any and all domains that are even closely related to the project you’re working on.